Thursday, May 5, 2016

Finally a Thursday post on Thursday.....a week late....sigh.

I need to give myself credit for getting back to blogging and not get too critical about the fact that I am not exactly doing what I set out to do. So what if I am not quite blogging every Thursday like I planned?  I am still doing better at it than I was a month ago.
For someone who does not like to go out much I have been rather busy going places. I went to the opening for the CT + 6 show at the West Hartford Art League on the Sunday after my last post. This is a regional show; Connecticut plus the other 5 New England states and New York. I was very happy to have two pieces in this show. I did not realize what a feat that was until I heard that they had about 425 entries and only accepted 85 pieces. I was also very very happy to find out that I had won the Frame Dimensions award for my felt piece titled 'Enders' (the name of the park where the waterfall is located).

My colored pencil drawing titled "City Kitty" is the other piece I did that was accepted into this show.



 I went to help with the hanging of the Academic Artist's show on the 26th. Being on the council for this group has been really good for me in terms of feeling more a part of the local artist community. It has also given me a new appreciation for all that goes in to mounting an art show. We had the opening for this show on Sunday the 1st. It is a fantastic show with some museum quality pieces in a beautiful gallery.






I was also busy doing more paintings for Ebay. Here are the newest paintings.











I also went to the Connecticut Sheep and Wool festival and found out I really am not done with fiber. I did not plan on buying anything and was going mainly to see my friend. I certainly was not going to buy a fleece....


Or any more wool roving....








No comments:

Post a Comment