Saturday, November 3, 2012

Shows coming up...

I will be participating in an open studio Hartford with four other Connecticut feltmakers next weekend.

Also next weekend I will be teaching how to make felt flowers here at home. On Friday I will be dropping off my pieces for the Wesleyan Potters Annual Exhibit & Sale which opens on Nov. 23rd. This year I am putting in 6 pieces. Here they are all framed and ready to hang.



 'Whim-sea' is a piece I made when I was just sampling several different fabrics to see what kind of textures they would make.


I had fun beading and when I found the scull bead I had to add it. It is like one of those decorations that people add to their home aquariums.


This piece started with a piece of hand dyed silk. I could just picture the white area looking like a sun beam though the clouds. This was made when I was staying at my friend Joei's house waiting for my dead car to be fixed (It could not be saved). I had only brought a few supplies so it was like an exercise in using a limited palette.



This piece was going to be an art card for our guild exchange but it was too big to fit in the envelope.


I forgot to take a picture of this before I put it under the glass so I can't really get a good photo with out reflections. It is framed in a deep frame like a shadow box and I called it 'Beach treasures'. I started this piece way back when I took Liz Clay's class. Gosh, I love it when I can get myself to finish old pieces.


The other two pieces I have already shown in other posts. Though I did not show this one in its frame.


Now I need to make some scarves, shawls, bags, etc. for a couple of other holiday sales. Such a busy time...

1 comment: