Thursday, September 8, 2011

Trying to find my way back

It has been a very difficult summer. When I started this blog I was just trying to keep a journal for myself to help me remember the things I had been doing. One of the medications I take really effects my memory and getting older just adds to that. It was also effecting my cognitive functioning so that writing was very difficult. Since my poor memory and cognitive functioning was making me depressed I decided to reduce and then stop that medication. This was not a good idea. (This seems to be a lesson many folks with bipolar have to learn over and over.) I think things would not have been too bad but I was hit with a string of separate events that had me worrying for the lives of both of my sons and my father. A few other difficult, but minor by comparison, losses and troubles added to the burden and I cracked a bit. Except for the lessons learned through these trials I would rather not remember much of what happened since I last wrote.
I have also had trouble with blogging since it has become less of a memory aid for myself and more of a way to get my art shown to the public. I guess I never thought I would have more than a few followers. I feel like I should not reveal so much of my personal feelings here. Perhaps I need to keep this blog about my felting and my life as an artist and have my posts shorter. As a way of beginning again I will write next about the workshops I was able to take this summer.

4 comments:

  1. We all have our own struggles. Sometimes it helps to hear about others and it gives you perspective on your own. I find that I learn by seeing how others deal with things. I am truly convinced that there are no such thing as normal people or normal families. Things will get better. You need to felt more and free your soul..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, you have such a pure heart...Know that you are loved, dear friend. So blessed that I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, I appreciate that you share both your feelings and your felt. It is a tough balance with blogs, but I bet there are a lot of people that identify and connect with you through your writing, even though they may not let you know. Keep doing what you are doing, you are a ray of sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should keep is as it as, as only this way we can know you better. I like it this was, so if you do not feel like an absolutelly "have to change this" - please do not!

    ReplyDelete