Here is part of the experimental piece.
I also did three others in the same pot.
I am very happy with this one...and it is a finished scarf! Unfortunately I can't remember what the other two were or where they went so I guess I won't be showing them.
In the scarf below I really like the pattern I got from the tying but I don't like the colors.
This is an over-dye of a horsetail yellow scarf.
And here are the finished scarves that I laid out that day. One of them was a blank that I want to Eco dye so I won't bother to show that.
I almost always make my scarves different on both sides.
And since those went fairly well I laid out a few more which I will roll today.